eora3d

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eora3d

Unofficial user forum for the eora3d scanner.

+4
Null Torque
Benoitmabille
bream
eora7d
8 posters

Don't see the settings of the app

eora7d

Don't see the settings of the app Empty Don't see the settings of the app

Post by eora7d Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:07 am

Hello!

When I try to follow the instructions on the website, it basically always starts with the settings of the app. However, I cannot find any settings on the app. And hence I cannot connect to the scanner, nor calibrate it. What am I doing wrong?

All help is very much appreciated.
    bream

Don't see the settings of the app Empty Re: Don't see the settings of the app

Post by bream Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I probably have the same problem.

Looking at their video of a calibration on youtube, they have a bar at the bottom of the app, upon which is a cog that's used to access the settings menu.

I don't have this bar, so no settings button. Not sure if this is a problem with certain phones, or android generally.

I've tried contacting them via the app, but just get automated responses. I've emailed them direct and put a comment on the kickstarter page, but looking at the other comments, I'm not expecting any help soon.
    eora7d

Post by eora7d Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Exactly the same problem here. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I wonder if the apps are differente for different phones, but I doubt so. While it looks like the hardware is decent quality, the software needs a lot of work (and so does the response rate, or the support, but that's a different story).

I was able to connect to the laser in the phone settings and could start a calibration. I then get an error, but at least the laser does something. If I understood correctly, one has to set up two bluetooth connections to the scanner, one to the laser, the other to the board. I didn't manage to connect to the board at all.

However, on Kickstarter it seems that other people have been able to get further than I did. Let's hope these people will join here too!
    bream

Post by bream Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Mine's a samsung as well - possibly a coincidence though.

As I understood it, only two pairings were needed, one to the scanner, the other to the turntable (these both have the serial numbers used in the pairing).

What board are you referring to?
    Benoitmabille

Post by Benoitmabille Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Same here with Samsung Galaxy S8 - the settings option is missing.
    Strange software behaviour.
    Disappointed.
    The software expects a certain level of android hardware/software, maybe not recognizing some phones ? (Though the S8 is current and popular)
    eora7d

Post by eora7d Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 pm

When I said board, I meant the turn table. It's not clear to me, how you can connect to two different devices by bluetooth.
    Null Torque
    Null Torque

Post by Null Torque Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 am

I am running an IOS device, but I may be able to clear up a little bit of your question.

When registering my app with the physical devices (turntable, and scanner) it had me input the code on the bottom of the devices to each one separately. After that, I could look in my Bluetooth paring option within the Eora app and watch as it recognized each one separately. They were both paired and recognized at the same time on my phone, though each had a separate code and recognition sequence. If I unplugged one, you could watch it update live and disappear (only the one I unplugged), and likewise re-recognize the device when I plugged it back into power.

After initial setup and pairing, there was no further need to do anything. They just paired automatically when I plugged them in and fired up the app.

I hope that helps answer your question as to how it should behave in your Android app.
    Benoitmabille

Post by Benoitmabille Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks. Some of us don't see the 'settings' option in the app. It probably means that the smartphone environment is not fully recognized although it checked OK with camera2probe
    Bluetooth pairing outside of the app does not work.
    bathsheba
    bathsheba

Post by bathsheba Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:14 pm

eora7d wrote:Exactly the same problem here. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I wonder if the apps are differente for different phones, but I doubt so. While it looks like the hardware is decent quality, the software needs a lot of work (and so does the response rate, or the support, but that's a different story).

I too have an S5, but it's my understanding that it's not intended to be compatible with Eora at all.  Google Play on my phone doesn't show the app, which is what's supposed to happen if it's incompatible, and if I browse to the app on a computer it says up top, "This app is incompatible with your device."  

I don't have a scanner yet, and I guess if I ever do get one it will have to wait till I get an upgraded phone.  So far it doesn't sound like I'll be missing out on much.
    nanodot

Post by nanodot Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:38 pm

bathsheba wrote:[quote=I too have an S5, but it's my understanding that it's not intended to be compatible with Eora at all.  Google Play on my phone doesn't show the app, which is what's supposed to happen if it's incompatible, and if I browse to the app on a computer it says up top, "This app is incompatible with your device."  

Where did you get the idea Eora was not going to support the S5?

Their kickstarter campaign page says Galaxy S5 and up will be supported.

as of yesterday, i still get "This app is incompatible with your device." on my S5 phone.
    bathsheba
    bathsheba

Post by bathsheba Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:28 am

nanodot wrote:Where did you get the idea Eora was not going to support the S5?

Their kickstarter campaign page says Galaxy S5 and up will be supported.

as of yesterday, i still get "This app is incompatible with your device." on my S5 phone.

Here:  help.eora3d.com/getting-started/android-compatibility
    (As a new forum member I am "not allowed to post external links for 7 days", so you'll have to put an http:slash slash on the front of the above to follow the link.)

I agree the campaign page said that, but it's not what happened.  The S5 does not have the Camera support that the app, as it was actually developed, requires.  This isn't going to change now: if (like me) you have an S5, you'll need a newer phone to use the Eora.
    CrunchyDoodle
    CrunchyDoodle

Don't see the settings of the app Empty My Samsung S7 doesn't work either

Post by CrunchyDoodle Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:28 am

As others have mentioned, the app on my Samsung S7 does not have a setting menu that I can see. I assume only iPhones are working as shown in the FAQ for pairing. Hopefully the EORA3D folks will have some suggestions Sunday when they return to work.  Cool

Bye.
    Pratyeka

Don't see the settings of the app Empty received my scanner yesterday

Post by Pratyeka Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm

nothing is missing in the box. Using the android app on Galaxy S7. No setting menu. Bluetooth pairing is automatic without needing any user input.
    Tried several attempts at calibrating without success, getting error codes 1 & 2 at random.
    Scanning without calibration works somewhat, but did not find the way to export or extract a usable file.
    Guess we will have to wait for the developers to improve the app or some outside genius to reverse engineer the scanner and come up with a better app.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:09 pm