eora3d

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eora3d

Unofficial user forum for the eora3d scanner.

3 posters

New build 131/132?

Diet99

New build 131/132? Empty New build 131/132?

Post by Diet99 Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Got mail from Indranil from EORA 3D yesterday:

"A brand new build with new features and minor updates
    360º Scans
    February was a big month for us.

We just released a major update (Build 131 & 132) that brings Turntable 360º scanning and alignment via TestFlight for iOS. This should fix a bunch of bugs, calibration failure rates, model rendering times, and file exports.
    This is a limited beta test for BETA backers only and will be released to all users in a few weeks. This is one of two major updates before we are live on the App Store."

Has anyone got his hands on this update?
    galexa

New build 131/132? Empty Re: New build 131/132?

Post by galexa Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 pm

I got that email too but the TestFlight app is still showing v.1.1 (129) for me. Is there a separate beta?
    Diet99

Post by Diet99 Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Obviously there seems to be a separate beta for "BETA backers" - whatsoever they may be ...
    davidatgh

Post by davidatgh Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Diet99 and Galexa:

I have the new build, and installing it was troublesome--hardly a surprise the way things have been going with this gadget. I haven't tried using it yet as I'm rather busy at work at the moment.

My original Testflight invite (around the time my scanner was delivered) arrived at my work e-mail address. I clicked on the link in the e-mail, Testflight opened, and I installed build 129. When I opened build 129, logging in via Google, Facebook, or an original login was required. Not wanting to bother creating yet another new login, I used my Google login.

That was my mistake. I'll bet you made it, too.

When Eora sent the invite(s) for builds 131 and 132, they didn't send the invite to my work e-mail address. They sent it to my Google e-mail address. When I clicked on the link in the new e-mail, Testflight opened, but when I clicked on the "Install" button Testflight complained that I was using a different e-mail address. Testflight expects the the e-mail address in the latest invite code to match the e-mail address you're currently testing the app under. Testflight won't let you test the app under two different e-mail addresses. And since the fine, upstanding, timely and perspicacious folks at Eora are so notoriously incommunicado, I wish anyone who tries to get them to re-send an invite code to their original e-mail address the very best of luck.

I uninstalled build 129 of the Eora app, reinstalled it from Testflight, and tried again. No luck, Testflight made the same complaint. Each time Testflight complained about the different e-mail address, it also said I had to "Stop Testing" to resolve the issue. It took me a good long while to figure that one out.

If you logged into the Eora app with the same e-mail your very first Testflight invite was sent to, your latest invite will, I presume, have arrived at the same e-mail address. Click on the link in the E-mail, Testflight should open, and you should be able to click on "Install" to install the latest build of Eora 3D.

If, like me, you logged into the Eora app with an e-mail address other than the one your very first Testflight invite was sent to, it's more complicated. As best as I can recall:

1. Open the Testflight app.

2. Click on "Eora 3D" in the app. Click right on the name of the app, do NOT click on the "OPEN" button.

3. In the next screen, scroll to the bottom.

4. Click on "Stop Testing." This stops testing the app under the e-mail address your invite was originally sent to.

5. You should probably also delete the Eora 3D app. If you have any saved scans, they appear to get saved somewhere (I was able to reload my saved scans by clicking on each one in the new version of the Eora 3D app) but I don't guarantee this.

6. Click on the link in the newest E-mail, Testflight should open, and you should be able to click on "Install" to install the latest build of Eora 3D.
    galexa

Post by galexa Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks davidatgh. So you were a “beta backer”?
    I was confused before because I missed the point in the email that said the 131/132 builds was for *beta backers* (since at this point we are all dealing with beta software - that’s being generous :-). So I haven’t had an email link for the latest version. Also, with every other TestFlight app I’ve dealt with, the updates are pushed through and I don’t need more emails because TestFlight notifies me when there’s a new version.
    The 129 version expires in 8 days (according to TestFlight). Do you think they’ve noticed? The email said everyone else would get 131/132 in a few weeks. Zzzzzz.... Not that I’ll be that worried if it expires given that I’m not planning to try it again after the initial tests were so broken.
    davidatgh

Post by davidatgh Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:27 pm

galexa wrote:Thanks davidatgh. So you were a “beta backer”?

Galexa, I have no idea if I'm a "beta backer." My company asked me to try researching some inexpensive 3D scanners, Eora came up in my search, and I joined the campaign at indiegogo. I wasn't aware the campaign had originated on Kickstarter, or I would have joined there, instead. The Kickerstarter campaign simply did not appear in any of the Googling I did.
    Diet99

Post by Diet99 Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 pm

galexa wrote:The 129 version expires in 8 days (according to TestFlight). Do you think they’ve noticed?
    They have.
    Eora 3D wrote:Versions 131 & 132 are currently in a closed-beta, to iron out as many bugs prior to releasing to all users.
    As mentioned this we will released to all users in the coming weeks.

Please be assured that there will be a new build available so that your current version does not expire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:06 am