eora3d

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eora3d

Unofficial user forum for the eora3d scanner.

2 posters

Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app?

davidatgh

Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app? Empty Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app?

Post by davidatgh Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm sure we've all seen the cheerful notifications from Eora about builds 133, 34, 35 & 36. But how do we update to the latest build inside TestFlight without another invite from Eora?

I asked them that via the little floating "Contact" smiley that's always visible in the lower right-hand corner of the http://help.eora3d.com/ web page. Here's their answer:

Hey there!

You can do this by going in to testflight and updating it form
    (sic) there.

Cheers,
    Indranil

A typically useless answer from Eora, is anyone surprised?

Here is my reply:

I’ve already looked in TestFlight, there isn’t an option visible to update the app version.

The only time I have been able to update the app previously (from version 129, if memory serves, to version 132) was via another invitation you folks sent out.

I need more PRECISE instructions how to update with TestFlight.
    davidatgh

Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app? Empty Re: Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app?

Post by davidatgh Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Indranil asked me for the e-mail address that I used to register my iTunes account, so I gave it to him and they sent me a new invite at that address. Whether having my iTunes account e-mail address associated with the app in TestFlight makes updates to the app easier to obtain, I guess I'll find out.

If so, it's the sort of thing they probably should have told us about in the first place.
    galexa

Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app? Empty Re: Anyone know how to update the Eora app INSIDE the TestFlight app?

Post by galexa Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:38 am

You shouldn't need another invite. They push updates to TestFlight so you can only update when it's offered within TestFlight. For me it shows Version 1.1 (136). I got an email about update 135 on April 4th but I can't see one for 136 so not sure when that happened.
    davidatgh

Post by davidatgh Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:15 pm

galexa wrote:You shouldn't need another invite. They push updates to TestFlight so you can only update when it's offered within TestFlight. For me it shows Version 1.1 (136). I got an email about update 135 on April 4th but I can't see one for 136 so not sure when that happened.

I hope so. Way, way back, when I joined the Indiegogo campaign, I had to give Eora an e-mail address. I gave them my work address, since I was buying this for work. They never specified that it needed to be the e-mail address associated with my iTunes account.

Now they have sent me an invite via the e-mail address that is associated with my iTunes account, so I should be notified of further updates (and be able to apply them) completely within the TestFlight app. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
    galexa

Post by galexa Tue May 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Hopefully you got the email about it being released to the app store, here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eora-studio/id1374751425

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:49 pm