eora3d

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eora3d

Unofficial user forum for the eora3d scanner.

3 posters

Error Code 2

eora7d

Error Code 2 Empty Error Code 2

Post by eora7d Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Whenever I try to calibrate, I get "Error Code 2". Anyone knows what that means? Did anyone manage to successfully calibrate the device?
    Diet99

Error Code 2 Empty Re: Error Code 2

Post by Diet99 Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:01 am

eora7d wrote:Whenever I try to calibrate, I get "Error Code 2". Anyone knows what that means? Did anyone manage to successfully calibrate the device?

I'm using an iPhone 6s and my first calibration tries on 1M resolution failed with this error code. Finally calibration nr. 4 or 5 succeeded but I don't know why. On 8M the first try was successful.
    I think it's important that the calibration target is completely inside the box on the iPhone display. But I'm not sure ...
    eora7d

Post by eora7d Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 am

I don't have the option to choose between 1M and 8M resolution on my Android app. I tried with a friend's iPhone, but the app was not available. Do you need to have a special code to get it installing?
    Diet99

Post by Diet99 Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Yes, since the iOS app is still beta you need a invitation code for Apple's Testflight app to install the eora3d app. Backers should receive a mail containing this code.
    egrigby

Post by egrigby Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 pm

I was very frustrated by error code 2 (android app). Eventually, I was able to calibrate the Eora, here is how I got it to work.

Failed Calibration try:
    1)Night time with lights on, trying to move the board to avoid reflection.
    2)Just getting the square to frame a section of dots without the frame going off the board.
    3)I walked away when it started scanning and came back when the laser light stopped.

Successful Calibration
    1)I waited until I had natural light, and no need to turn on the overhead fixture.
    2)I made sure that ALL the dots were inside the red square, though it was not perfectly centered.
    3)I did not touch anything or move around while it was scanning. I didn't want lighting changes or vibration to prevent a successful calibration.

Once I made these changes, it worked on the first try.

I hope this helps someone to calibrate successfully.
    eora7d

Post by eora7d Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:49 pm

These are excellent tips, egrigby! Thank you so much for sharing them. I cannot try it myself right now, but surely will so so when I have the chance. I assume you used the phone settings to connect to the laser?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:12 am