eora3d

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eora3d

Unofficial user forum for the eora3d scanner.

3 posters

My Eora 3D scanner saga

ncpro

My Eora 3D scanner saga Empty My Eora 3D scanner saga

Post by ncpro Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Sad   Hi All,
    My name is Mike Voros, and I leave in Ontario Canada. In January 2016 ordered the scanner-turn table package. After numerous unanswered emails kind of gave up on them. But loo and behold, qute un announced it arrived March 19 2018, 26 months later. You Guys can imagine my joy. However, after I plugged it in NOTHING, no LED lights. As I tried to pair it and the turn table to Bluetooth on my iPhone, it asked for the serial number. I picked it up to see the number, fund the scanner quite warm so immediately unplugged it. Took a better look at it, and found the plugin socket misaligned in such a way, that the plug was touching the body of the scanner. and unlike on all of the pictures of the scanners, where the laser shows parked in the middle facing forward. on mine, it is pointing to the phone holder.      Pairing was successful for the turn table thought.  Immediately fired off emails to two of the Eora team, but of cause no reply. Apparently these guys don't test the units before shipping. Sad  Now I have a C$572.00 paperweight.
    I'm hoping that somebody on this forum knows how to and where to send it back, or how to get a replacement for it.
    Mike Voros

Fast forward to april 15 2018
    Still no communication with Eora team.
    Yesterday I went to a friend, took the package to show him what I got. He tried it with his andora phone, and the scanner's head started rotating left and right, but nothing else worked. The  android software as I know it, is still incomplete. But the fact that something worked on it, tells me that the eora software that I downloaded thru Testflight for my iPhone might be the culprit.
    Any ideas people?

Its now April 21st 2018
    No word from Eora team. My friend bought it to my attention that something rattles inside it. I have a hearing problem. Brought it home, put my hearing aid in, and  now I could hear it too. So I opened it, looked inside and found a small headless 1.9mmX10mm long very fine threaded screw at the bottom of the housing. Didn't attempt to take the head unit apart to find the head of the screw. Maybe another day. However, I did try the update function of the Eora software, it was looking for a firmware update, but it took over an  hour and finally I got tired of waiting and shut it off.  Should it take that long for an update?

May 23 2018
    Got this reply from Indranil this morning:
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out and so sorry for the late reply. Have you downloaded the new app - Eora Studio available on iOS?

With that, once plugges in, the scanner should light up a yellow colour. When paired successfully, the light will turn purple.

Our help page can support with this  - help.eora3d.com

Do let us know if there is anything i can help with!

Cheers,
    Indranil

I do not know why they can't accept the fact that I received a faulty scanner. It is my belief, that the small pc board at the bottom of the unit where the power is plugged in is the culprit, and that is why the LED's and the laser don't light up. Now I'll have to wait for another two months for a reply from him. Oh, by the way, I did download the Eora Studio. That did nothing for me. When I picked the function CALIBRATE the head part starts rotating, near the left side part, instead in the middle. It is still just an expensive paperweight.

June 26 018
    After being asked to send a clip of the scanner connected  not working (?), Indranil replied:

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late reply and i understand. That is alright, i have you in our warranty list and will organise returns for all warranty units this month.

Sorry again for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
    Indranil

And that is where my saga is at the moment.

It is now August 3 2018

To my surprise, the replacement scanner has arrived today. I have to give it these Guys. I guess the old saying is true "Patience is a virtue" came thru in my case. However, disappointment can also soon follow.
    After plugging in the replacement scanner, well there is no yellow power on light. To quote Indranil:
    "once plugged in, the scanner should light up a yellow color. When paired successfully, the light will turn purple."
    I have asked him to "PLEASE" try the unit out before they send it to me.  
    Now I have to wait till next week to try to get some dialog going between us.

It is now September 5, 2018

Indranil got back to me, and said I have to wait for a few seconds for the yellow light to come on after plugging in. And wallah. it worked.  And I was able to scan with it, after the calibration was performed. Single scan works, so does the turntable scan.  However, the stiching of the scans on the small iPhone screen is almost impossible for me. My problem now is, my lack of knowledge of the iPhone 6 plus. No idea how to export the scanned files to my PC, and to Mash lab. I also noticed that my iPhone got awfully hot, while trying to stich the scans together, and actually had hung up. Now, I wonder how to overcome the overheating problem.

Last edited by ncpro on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:53 pm; edited 9 times in total
    bsimages
    bsimages

My Eora 3D scanner saga Empty Try FB

Post by bsimages Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:20 am

Have tried the message box on FB: https://www.facebook.com/eora3d/
    ncpro

My Eora 3D scanner saga Empty Re: My Eora 3D scanner saga

Post by ncpro Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi bsimage,
    Thanks. But that link has nothing about my non working scanner.
    Mike
    bsimages
    bsimages

Post by bsimages Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:43 pm

It has a little floating contact text window. They respond fairly quickly, in my case it was about an hour on a weekday...
    ncpro

Post by ncpro Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks bsimage,
    I'll look for it after the holidays. Happy Easter!!! Very Happy
    ncpro

Post by ncpro Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi again,

I looked all over on that link you show, but could not find any "contact" box. Do I have to be to be logged in to Facebook? If yes, I'll have to join Facebook, since I'm not a member yet.

Mike
    dervish

Post by dervish Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Hey, you're ahead of me! Put in my pledge fall of 2015 on Kickstarter, haven't recieved so much as a dust mote. At least you got a paperweight.
    dervish

Post by dervish Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Well, the hardware finally arrived, about two weeks ago. Not any farther along, as the scanner has defective bluetooth, and the turntable isn't enabled yet in Android. Eora currently out of stock, replacement to be sent when more are made.

Horay! Delivery of defective goods after missing an estimated 6 month deadline by two years!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:46 am