eora3d

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eora3d

Unofficial user forum for the eora3d scanner.

5 posters

iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner

aae83

iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner Empty iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner

Post by aae83 Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Hello, all.

My smart-device, originally on the compatibility list, is now not to be supported by EORA 3D.  I'm starting this topic looking for feedback from others regarding their success with their devices, to help me consider options.

At the moment, I'm not considering an Apple phone, but others might be, so please chime in on your success (or lack thereof) with any and all iOS devices - iPhones and iPods.

I'm thinking I might try an iPod Touch 6th Generation, as I'd have a use for it even if the EORA scanner totally fails.  However, if someone has tried the iPod Touch and found it does or doesn't work, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
    aae83
    Timtom42

iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner Empty Re: iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner

Post by Timtom42 Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

iPhone X works
    stephanmax

iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner Empty Re: iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner

Post by stephanmax Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Because my iPad is the only iOS device I have, I installed the app on my iPad Air and it worked so far.
    It doesn't fit in the holder, so I can't expect great results, but I have got the scanner just yesterday and haven't had much time to try.
    Anyone here with experiences with iPad and the scanner?
    aae83

Post by aae83 Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 am

Purchased a refurbished 32GB iPod Touch (6th Generation) from the apple.com online store ($169), and was able to get it to function with the scanner (pair, calibrate and scan in both 1M and 8M modes). It's using iOS 11.2.5, and has an 8MP camera. I don't know if 32GB is necessary; I imagine a 16GB model might work as well ($149), but not sure about that.

The 5th Gen iPod Touch has only a 5MP camera, so I went with the 6th Gen.

Diet99

Post by Diet99 Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 am

Great news! Thanks for sharing!
    wattronix

iOS devices that "work" with EORA 3D scanner Empty Ipod access to IOS app?

Post by wattronix Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 am

I gave up trying to find an inexpensive Android phone that might work with Eora3d. Mfgrs (HTC & Sansung Customer Support) were clueless as to which of their devices met Open GLES 3.1 and API Camera FULL Control. Bought an EKO Nougat phone (and returned it) as it would not support these 2 requirements.
    My next inexpensive choice was a 6th Gen Apple Touch.
    But now I find there is no longer an IOS Eora3D app at the Apple Store.
    Downloaded the TestFlight app from the store but it requires a password from Eora (might have to wait a while for that....).

Would like to hear from anyone trying to gain access with IOS to learn how/whether you succeeded.

Hoping to hear back soonest.
    Ron

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:33 pm